Saturday, April 28, 2012

Condo Cane ( Kah-Nay )

I get along with just about everyone, but every now and then this happens...

Moriarty and I were doing some real estate exploring this morning. We're thinking about investing in a condo. Real estate prices in Florida have to be seen to be believed. So we were at this very nice condo complex in Venice. Moriarty was in one of the units talking to someone. I had struck up a conversation with one of the residents there. Nice guy from Michigan. Larry. Larry and I were talking when this guy walked up to us, interrupted us. He had an angrylook on his puss. Had heard from someone that we were interested in one of the units for sale. He started talking about " That dog." He was referring to Oliver, who was in the RV. Quiet. Minding his own business. But this guy rudely said, " You're not getting a place here with that dog."

There does appear to be a vague dog policy. But there are residents with dogs, a few larger than Oliver. Size is often the criteria. Small dogs OK. Large dogs not OK.

So this guy starts pointing his finger in my face. I had done nothing, said nothing to provoke this behavior.

" Don't point your finger at me like that, " said.

I was in my rare " Don't Fuck With Me, Slick," mode.

I don't SAY that. I'm civil.

" You interrupted our conversation, sir. Move along. Now. "

He started to say something else...

" Keep walking, " I said. Which he finally did.

I'm easy to get along with. Most of the time.

3 comments:

Gene said...

Hahaha!

There but for me... go I.

I'm usually a mild mannerd Clark Kent, but I have been known to make the papers once in a while!

Good for you.

Gene

Anonymous said...

What a creep!
Needless to say, I am thinking that this isn't the condo for you (or Ollie).
jc

Terrence said...

I actually enjoy these rare encounters. One of my favorite lines to use is " You're making a fool of yourself. " It usually works to get the moron moving on.