Wednesday, May 2, 2012

News We Can't Use

The tan salon mom is big news today. I don't want to add to the hype, so I'll keep this brief. Any news organization, from CNN down to the local news in your neck of the woods, that thinks this is what we want to know about. That this is more important than what a mess Hartford's north end is in, what a mess parts of Bradenton, Florida are in. How bad the economy is and how so many folks have given up looking for jobs. How Exxon/Mobile's arrogance..

My intelligence, your intelligence, is being insulted by this kind of nonsense. we should all demand more from our news providers. Much, much more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have had a similar reaction...duh...
Like we have a lot of control over what the "news" organizations do...Some focus group somewhere must have "reported" that their interest in the programming increased when stories like this were printed/broadcast...Ad sales went up...
Don't you know by now that it is all about the $$$?
Yes, I know you do.
jc

Terrence said...

I know. I know. And look what people are reading. Shades of Gray trilogy? There ARE good trilogies out there. The Hunger Games. The Larsson books...

Road Work, Piece Work, Blood Work!