Wednesday, May 2, 2012

NOISE!!!!!

Ironic or what?  This isn't exactly Vermont. " Falling leaves " isn't part of a song about Florida. Yet...

We're seeing more and more of these $%#$@ leaf blowers down here. How do I loath these? Let me count the ways.

1./ They're noiser than an F-16 taking off. But at least with an F-16 I know the pilot has a mission: To keep me and the rest of us safe. What's the mission of a leaf blowing guy ( They are ALWAYS guys; I have never seen a woman use a leaf  blower ) From what we see down here, it's not leaves these guys are blowing ( Don't worry. I'm not gonna go THERE with this post ) This afternoon I was watching a guy in the campground use an LB. I had no idea what he was doing. There was nothing visible to blow. He was just stirring up dust. Moving dust from one place to another.

2./ They're as far from the Green movement as one could imagine ( See # 1 )

3./ People are PAID to do this!

That's it for now. Your thoughts?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny I see this piece right now...the noise from the window is deafening with three high pitched machines plus a chain saw across the street. There oughta be a law...
How can a gal catch a short nap???
jc

Gene said...

I've been meaning to ask... Did you buy the condo?

Gene

Terrence said...

Cap'n...

Remember the old line, " I have some land in Florida you might be interested in? " Looking at real estate here is like that. Things look good, then you look a few inches below the surface and voila:

The Swamp!

We're rethinking our plan.

Terrence said...

There oughta be a law indeed. But if we ban the things, tens of thousands of guys would lose their jobs and be forced to dress up as the Statue of Liberty ,etc. and hold up signs promoting tax help businesses.

Li'l Em-Kel said...

No the wouldn't. They could get good-paying jobs raking leaves for the government.